Characters & Costumes - Uniform Turnarounds

I'm helping design uniforms for an academy setting. This gave me a chance to do some turnarounds. The thought of perfectly drawing and redrawing the same character at a slightly different angle used to terrify me (still does...), but I figure now is as good a time as any to get started.

Began with a really messy skeleton just to figure out where the limbs and everything would go.


Really, really messy... but it's getting painted over anyhow, didn't spend more than 15 minutes on these. Filled in the details in a more painterly fashion to achieve the following results.


It's probably going to be an important skill to develop--it'll help to be able to think of costumes and the people wearing them as having 3 dimensions, even if they are being perceived through a flat screen. I figure if I want to work in this industry I'll at some point or another have to do something like this.

I'll have to work at getting more of these completed. Next time I'll try to remember to throw in a side view as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment