Protagonist Concepts

The art team is developing character concepts for the main protagonist of Marshmallow Madness. The design notes required characters of childish stature. I made these 5 today.


The original graphite drawings took about 4 hours total. Once I imported those into Illustrator the line work was about 10 hours in all. It was a serious amount of work, more than I was used to doing in a single day, but I gained a lot from it in terms of getting comfortable with Illustrator/concept work in general. It was difficult, but I also enjoyed it since I got to try out a wide range of characters.

Drop me an e-mail (bshepard11@live.com) if you like character/line work like this, or if you have any advice/questions. I'd be happy to help you out, and I can only improve from here!

No comments:

Post a Comment