How to animate someone doing absolutely nothing, part deux


When the player stays still for too long the character begins a 'waiting' animation, and according to the design brief it's separated into 2 separate parts. The one above plays first--just one time I believe (transitioning from the Idle animation I posted earlier, after a certain amount of time has passed). Then, through the magic of code it segues into this other thing:


I kind of borrowed that mouth movement from the Phoenix Wright series.

If I get to spend more time on this than I already have, I would still like to improve/smooth out a few areas... but I guess the basic parts are there.

The funny thing is for how much time put into this, it's probably one of the least important things in the realm of the overall game.

No comments:

Post a Comment