Acting Lessons: ABC Factory Character Emotion Sheet


More work for ABC Factory to show, basically more practice in getting consistency for the characters down. This time I had to draw Liz conveying different emotions/poses. It was actually good practice for gesture and body language, since I've been told my characters look... stiff. But hopefully we'll fix that sooner than later.

Actually though working on facial expressions was the most fun part. Needless to say I spent a lot of time embarrassing myself in front of the mirror, but it did help a lot in nailing the expressions. The worried look was the one that gave me the most trouble, I think it's because when you're worried it shows more through body language (placing your hands on your face, etc.) and really minimal facial tension. Really hard to exaggerate worry without it looking like the character is trying too hard.

Anyhow, here are some preliminary things I used to warm up and figure out how to get the poses/expressions I was looking for.




No comments:

Post a Comment