Concepts and Ideation - Earth Elemental

I had the chance to participate in another one of ConceptArt.org's weekly challenges. This time it was Creature of the Week and the theme was Aristotilian Elementals. We had to create a creature representing at least one of 4 elements: water, fire, wind, or earth. I only made enough time to work on earth, but I would have loved to make a set of these including the others.

At first I did some quick sketches that were more animal based but none of them were any good. Moved onto the idea of pottery and clay sculpture for the shape, and kind of freestyled from there. At first I was thinking of having some sort of breeze coming from within the large mouth opening, but it just ended up looking distracting. Overall pleased with the final result, although I've got to put more emphasis on the background in later concept work...





No comments:

Post a Comment