Marshmallow Madness - Enemies






A few concepts for OnPoint Studios' tower defense game, Marshmallow Madness. My director sent me 3 concept sketches that I took into Illustrator and vectored. The approximate work time was 7 hours.

The game features 3 different types of enemies so far. The first is a standard rushdown marshmallow, it moves fairly quickly but can't take much damage before being defeated.

The middle marshmallow is somewhat of a tank. It trudges slowly across the field, but it can take the most damage before going down; it also hurts the player the greatest when in attacking range. I gave this one a slightly more reddish hue in hopes that it will stand out among the horde as soon as it appears on the field. Perhaps the player feels a sense of dread when this one shows up in the distance.

The third type is a lightning fast swarming marshmallow that has the least defense but crosses distances the most quickly. I gave them a more sickly hue since their fangs are really pronounced like vampires, and toyed with the way shadows fall over them to emphasize the ominous look.

I really enjoyed this assignment because I got a chance to try to instill some personality into these creatures. They're of the same 'species', but they have different abilities and traits, and I was able to use color, light, and form to reflect that. Feel free to contact me at bshepard11@live.com if you would like any character work like this done! I'm always open to requests.

No comments:

Post a Comment