Air Goon






They wanted to use the rightmost design from the original concepts, though I was leaning towards the left one personally. Not sure if you can actually beat these, they mostly fly around and drop bombs on the player.


Some carry explosives and some just fly normally, so we had to create the bomb in a separate file.

Looking back I would like to have included maybe one or two more frames, but I wanted those wings to flap pretty fast at 24 fps. Adding more frames sort of watered down that quick twitchy motion I was going for but with more time I think I might have toyed with it a little further. There's an 8 frame limit on all of the enemies' movements, so it's actually a good exercise in trying to nail the basic motion in only a few poses before worrying about the smoothness.

No comments:

Post a Comment