Project A to Z #4: Dusk Dome


Latest entry for this ongoing project, just about 2 hours. Probably the first time I've ever tried to draw a round ceiling. Should've looked at some architecture interiors more for reference.

Something I realized probably too late was one of the reasons these paintings look flat--hardly any blurring to indicate the depth of field. If the crystals in the foreground were fuzzier it might create more distance throughout the entire scene. I think I could have used a soft, low opacity brush to try and achieve that effect. I'll try it on one of the next ones.

The end result is still a tiny bit better than the first few though, it's much closer to the idea I initially had in mind before I started. There's a good chance I'll revisit this one later and really finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment